View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Well like I noted in this thread..and which Meltzer noted with his own post today...Carle and Mesz and especially Meszeros are going to need to step it up. If they don't then I will continue to say I want them leveraged at some point for a stud D man this offseason one way or another. I also noted all this summer especially after his back surgery that the Pronger situation is reminding me of the Howe situation and Meltzer pointed that out as well today. Then of course you have Timonen saying he's concerned about all the injuries and how it's going to gas the team later on. The point here is that it doesn't look like we're as deep as we thought..specificallly on D. We continue to get exposed with our lack of development in the minors on D. I mean seriously it's just sad. This offseason ALL the focus needs to be on reconstituting the D through the draft if we keep the picks and don't trade one now to fix our holes and to get a big time FA on D or at least make every effort to..

Pronger is now officially becoming unreliable and Timonen is going to be a cripple by the second half again.

Finally, we absolutely NEED some above average to stellar goaltending to keep pace in the standings otherwise the end of the year we're going to be fighting for a playoff spot. So basically the keys here are either Bob or Bryz stealing games and Meszeros logging harder minutes and doing so in a consistent manner and well. He also needs to be more of an impact on the PP...period. If he regresses and even Carle and can't even stem the bleeding I want him and his contract moved. Average play will not suffice at this critical juncture ....

Time to see what we're really made of....it doesn't look like we can do what Pitt has done when they were missing not one but two superstars for extended periods of time. Then again I think they are coached much better....and this year their goaltender has helped hold the fort..something we def need Bryz to do!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote