Old
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Not much honestly. Brookbank is a solid #6 with a ton of grit, but I dont see why he would interest you as a piece for Kesler. Same deal with Parros, great team guy and decent 4th liner, I would definitely move him if it meant landing Kesler, but again he probably isnt enough. Only other guys on the team with grit are DSP and Beleskey and I doubt either crack your Top 12 thus year.
This sounds really silly as a Canucks fan, but I'm being realistic. As great as Kesler is, he does have his weaknesses as well. He needs to better utilize his linemates in order to solidify him self in the 'next level'. Playing with a guy like Teemu would probably help that. A lot of Vancouver's frustration is the fact we give him wingers to work with, yet he insists on doing most of the work himself.

Would you consider Brookbank better or worse than Rome? Rome plays a simple defensive game, but isn't suited to eating big minutes. I also see Parros as a significant upgrade on either Weise/Volpatti, so that's why I asked.

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan (this line's potential is terrifying)
Burrows-Hodgson-Higgins (Hodgson's playmaking is like baby Henrik, he can set Burr up well)
Booth-Lapierre-Raymond
Parros-Malhotra-Hansen (grind *****es out)