Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Louis Leblanc called up
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Actually, what he said was that, Leblanc was 160, and therefore would "get pushed around more easily than Grabovski in his rookie season". And if he, or Roulin for that matter, knew anything about Leblanc other than his height and weight, they wouldn't have said that. The sentence "He got pushed around at the WJC" is the farthest thing from the truth, he was one of Canada's best players on the forecheck and in the corners.
In the games against USA and Russia, he was one of Canada's weaker players on the boards. Howden, Schenn, Johansen, even Eakin were stronger on the puck.

BTW, I am fully aware that height and weight don't tell much of the story, when it comes to strength and balance. For example, Eller is harder to push off the puck than Pouliot - there are many examples like this. I wouldn't have made the comment about Leblanc if I had not seen him play plenty of times.

Edit: Anyway, the games are still up on TSN's website if folks want to judge for themselves. The final is a classic, worth re-watching.

Last edited by Roulin: 11-29-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote