View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
But he DOES say something. He didn't have to say they were "gauging interest", but he did. My point is, he IS talking, and he is saying things that make no sense.

Say nothing at all, or explain yourself; and if you explain yourself, Id like for it to make sense.
Yeah, that quote makes no sense, I agree with that.

I'm fairly certain that it's been known among NHL GM's for a while that Nödl could be had from the Flyers, and what Homer was asking for. Anytime a guy is passed on the depth chart by two rookies, the writing is on the wall for him. No one was too interested, but there was no reason to sell low, so we hold on to Nödl for the time being and see what happens as we draw closer to trade deadline. Then we're hit with the Pronger injury, and Homer decides that he needs to shed a contract, if only to have the option to add more d depth.

Now it's clear to all the other teams that we have to do something like that, so the interest in giving up something for a guy like Nödl can't be that high. The only way really is to see if there is one team that won't take the chance of Nödl falling all the way down the waiver wire to reach them, but apparently no team was desperate enough to get him.

The only other way to get around this problem would be to do something along the lines of Rowe+5th for future considerations... and we would ***** about that as well.

Or, we could try to not be up to the contract limit. Guess that would be the Kessel signing we should ***** about, then.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote