View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Unless your team just won a Stanley Cup, the most popular coach during a losing streak or rough patch is the next coach.

I can't believe San Jose fans are wanting to axe McClellan at this point, but many of them do want him removed. It's funny because at the time he was hired in San Jose he was exactly the kind of coach that many here are wanting now, an assistant coach with a fresh approach.

I am not saying that Terry Murray will get the Kings to the ultimate prize, but he was necessary after the Crawford debacle in that he instilled discipline and a two-way game into players like Kopitar without all the yelling and screaming. Murray has been a good teacher for the young guys.
I think SJ fans are suffering from a decade of cup dreams shattered by a lot of failures. I think that plays into it as they likely have little patience.

As for TM, I agree he was needed but he should have been hired when Crawford was as Crawford was a mistake. In a sense, we are two years behind in our coaching time line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Yup, as I said, I'd be looking at him only if TM is fired next summer. It's all about underachieving. Who is the bigger underachiever in last 3 seasons combined, Terry Murray or Bruce Boudreau? I think that's STILL BB, but that might change this season if Kings fail miserably in the playoffs.
It is BB, for now.