View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You keep saying this but the Kings were 9th in the league in goals for in 2009/2010 with a lesser roster. Don't let that get in the way of your bashing, though. Maybe that was an anomaly but is it really out of the question to think that a better roster could perform at least somewhere between where they are now and where they were then?
It was and wasn't an anomoly. I got into this in another post earlier this month. I'll spare you the number crunching and give you a synapsis of what I posted.

During his time with Washington, Philaldephia and Florida, Terry Murray teams (where he was the head coach) finished outside the top 10 in league scoring only twice, once in Washington and once in Florida. Both times it was in his first year with the club.

Murray however took about 6-7 years off between his time in Florida and when he came to LA. The Kings were 28th in goals his first year, 9th the second (I actually thought it was 7th, but I'll use your total of 9th) and then 24th last year (I think, I know I'm close) This year, I think they are 26th.

So that goal total wasn't an anomoly for Murray-led teams if you look at his entire career, but when you look solely at his time with the Kings, which is the only head coaching job he's had in a decade and since the lockout, that 9th place finish is very much an anomoly.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote