Thread: News Article: "S.O.S" catastrophic season?
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
I saw that. I thought it was awful. Mr. Cantin is reading strictly from the record, and not judging the team based on its actual level of play, which is far more predictive of future results, an unfortunately all-too-common mistake of mainstream sports journalists.

I thought it was otherwise a typical superficial, reactionary commentary from the mainstream media. It's very short on facts, as this type of piece usually is, and even the subjective content amounts to little more than .

You'd think they'd have enough experience to notice patterns and not knee-jerk continually based on such a narrow view, but they rarely do. It's unfortunate, because Mr. Cantin didn't even have to go far for a more reasoned and fact-driven evaluation of the Habs; he could simply have asked his colleague Mr. Godin, who had recently authored a much stronger piece describing several factors underlying the start of the Habs' season.

Of course, actual analysis is not nearly as popular with Habs fandom as aimless ranting about how terrible the team is.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote