Thread: News Article: "S.O.S" catastrophic season?
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 04:55 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Cantin could be right or wrong ,just makes you wonder tho.With ratings down 14 percent , seats i do see empty now as i watch on the Hdtv, Bell Centre not as "alive" anymore.Could the Bell Centre not being as "alive" be due too the raising ticket prices over last few years, and putting in more "higher end suit fans" like in TO??Or is it the game itself?
I don't particularly care. Marketing is the job of the business arm of the team, not the hockey arm.

It's possible that fans believe this year's team is weak, which would be IMO an incorrect assessment (it's probably stronger than any version of the club in the last 15 years, and certainly miles stronger than the 2009-2010 club). But since that assessment is repeated by mainstream sports media, it would not surprise me. Again, though, that is a problem for the marketing arm of the organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
After reading that article , right or wrongly,this thought popped into my head. Is calling up a local highly touted french kid ,a signal of"corporate" panic?
I think, personally, that it's a reaction to a forward being suspended 3 games combined with a lack of options in Hamilton due to a massive rash of injuries. But I'm weird that way.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote