Thread: Speculation: Possible 2012-13 Lines
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
I was halfway through this before I realized this could go in either this season's thread or in this one, but whatever. Going ahead:

Bouchard + Zidlicky + Phillips/Haula to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan

Anaheim needs depth. Bouchard is a good player on the second line and provides some creative scoring depth. Anaheim's blue line is also suffering the depth problem, and Zidlicky could help out when he returns. I was going to also add Falk, but they only have room to add one more contract compared to what they lose(2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc). Phillips/Haula sweetens the deal on a potential top line player they lose in Ryan. Etem should make the jump for them next season, and plus they have a ton of other talent coming up soon, as seen here.

Bobby provides offense for the here and now and will really come in to effect next season when FBJ comes over and brings forward the future. We'd have no need of Parise(and his bloated as all hell potential contract of 7.5million +. He hasn't looked like a player deserving that, so far this season), and the cap space created/saved carrying over allows us to nab the one and only Ryan Suter via UFA.

Granlund - Koivu - Ryan
Latendresse - Cullen - Heatley
Clutterbuck - Brodziak - Setoguchi
Johnson - Powe - Gillies

Suter - Scandella
Spurgeon - Schultz
Lundin - Stoner

Backs
Hards

If we had that team, no homer, we'd be potential cup contenders, maybe even an early favorite among the league. Seriously, that line up looks amazing and on paper dominates 80% of the league, in my opinion.

And I'm going to reuse the same picture I used the last time I went on a mini rant:

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote