View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I'd like to know why the Bolts get so much flack for playing the 1-3-1 sometimes. The entire back half of that game was the Wild playing **** trap hockey and dumping the puck in from center every chance they got. Wonder why the Bolts catch so much **** from the media and the Wild do not.
Umm, I don't know about you but this is from the last 4-5 days:

From SI:
Quote:
Let's make one thing perfectly clear: these guys aren't this good. They're going to slip at some point. But they did enter Monday with the NHL's best record, so we'll give them some time to enjoy it while it lasts. They're still deadly dull to watch many nights. Witness their 1-0 win over Colorado last week. I'm only sorry I can't get back those two-and-a half hours I spent witnessing it. But goalie Nik Backstrom is having a tremendous bounce-back season. When Mikko Koivu gets going, maybe these guys will stick around.
The Edmonton Sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonSun
The Wild are horrible to watch, bad for the game, but they’re also a disciplined lot that sits back in a passive 1-4 forecheck and frustrates opponents into mistakes — the kind of strategy that gives a young, impatient team like Edmonton the most trouble.
Nucks Misconduct

Quote:
Minnesota's PDO with the score-tied is still pretty high, while Edmonton's has come back down to earth. With the score-tied, Minnesota are getting better-than-Tim-Thomas-last-year goaltending, which isn't likely to continue. Clutch? No. Lucky? Yes. Here is Niklas Backstrom's save percentage at even strength since he became the starting goalie: .925 - .923 - .912 - .928 - .953. The last one is from this season.

By the pure FenTied measure, Vancouver should be a much better team. So why aren't they? Check that PDO, still the lowest in the division. The Canucks, unlike the Wild, cannot buy a save at even strength this season. Is that goaltender ability or luck? Well, I'm more ripe to make judgment on the Canucks goalies looking at a bigger sample size than a smaller one, and we can find those numbers from last season:
And I'm missing a few more. So no, the media is not singling you out.

However I did really enjoy the game between both teams last night.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?