View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Parise is mentioned often because if he were to reach the market, having ties to the area might have some sort of factor upon the Wild being a viable player in his services. Most teams that would go after him are going to be around similar contracts. Coming home to a team that may be on their way up may push the scales in the Wild's favor. Who knows, but for a player of his quality you stay in the mix and make a competitive offer.

Forward prospects can always be moved for higher end defensive players if needed. And truth be told, I'd prefer that route to going out and giving a large contract to a player who's original team couldn't hang to him/let him go. Obviously, a trade is not an option I'd personally wish to pursue right now but perhaps a year or two down the road depending on how things shake out.

I see the Wild as an absolute non-factor for Suter. Yes, it's absolutely a greater need but if he were to test the market, they'll be even more teams in line to potentially bring him on. Can't see the Wild winning out in that sort of battle without getting downright silly with any possible contract with him. He's not that great of a player (in my opinion) that you throw monopoly money at.
No matter what I still think this team needs to add at least 1 top pairing d-man this off-season. How it gets done I don't know. I'm missing Burnsie's presence more than I thought I would. Every team has at least 1 offensive threat from the blue line regardless of how good or bad the team is. I hope we can ship Zids somewhere else and bring in a more capable d-man in that category.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote