View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 09:52 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
ehh, if granlund really is gonna be that good i think keeping him and going hard for the cup is the better route to go.

weber is a fantastic player for what he brings, not to mention leadership qualites, but what this team needs for yeo's system is players that have high IQ and quality first passes. you can find other and cheaper options for players that are physical and have a bomb of a shot without giving up ur best drafted player since gabby/mikko.

id be all for a solid package for weber that didn't include granlund tho. same goes for Ryan if he really is on the block.

Bouchard + brodin + Phillips + 1st/2nd

50-70 pt winger, quality close to ready dman, and a performing offensive center + picks for weber. i'd say thats a preety quality package for 1 player that may not even want out of nashville. depends on how they view bouchard tho.

so if that were the case. and lets say we got rid of zanon/zid/lats/stoner and somehow signed parise(***** and giggles)

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Granlund - Cullen - Setoguchi
Johnsons - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Gillies - Powe - ?

Scandella - Weber (nice big n physical top paring)
Schultz - Lundin
Falk - Spurgeron
Scandella isn't a top pairing D on a decent blueline, and we're going to need a decent blueline if we ever want to see our offensive threats produce offense. Weber isn't going to cut it if he's the only consistently good defenseman we have--we'll find ourselves in the same place we are now. Not saying the results are bad at all, but they are unexpected and they do rely on our offense playing a more defensive game than anyone wants to see. I'm sure Fletcher (and Yeo) want to free up our offense.

i love how you say what Yeo's system needs is players with high hockey IQ and can make a good first pass then offer up Brodin, who was better in camp as a 17 (?) year old than Scandella. I said then it was weighted in favor of Brodin because the play wasn't physical, but he outplayed Scandella by a fair margin.

I'd give him up for Weber of course, but not along with Bouchard, Phillips (underrated here) and a 1st or second. That's nuts.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote