Thread: News Article: "S.O.S" catastrophic season?
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
It won't happen. They have the best manager in the history of the game and have had him for almost three decades. Sir Alex Ferguson is a living legend and is able to bring in new talent, at any cost, because the teams owners WANT to win. I'm an Arsenal fan, but Manchester United are one HELL of an amazing franchise with an incredible management.

But I see the point of your post, too, so lets play Devil's advocate. You could have used the New York Yankees also. Both those teams are the pinnacle of their sports and as such, have a fanbase that demands quality 100% of the time. I don't see why the Montreal Canadiens shouldn't be on that list, also, having won more cups than any other team in their sport, as have United and the Yankees.

The Montreal Canadiens are the most known hockey team in the WORLD and there is NO reason the fans shouldn't demand the best players, the best coaches, the best managers the world has to offer. No reason at all. Anybody that is content with this mediocre crap we've had to follow for the past decade has lost the sense of identity this franchise SHOULD have.
This was my point exactly.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote