Thread: Speculation: Possible 2012-13 Lines
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 11:03 PM
North Metro Peewees

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Scandella isn't a top pairing D on a decent blueline, and we're going to need a decent blueline if we ever want to see our offensive threats produce offense. Weber isn't going to cut it if he's the only consistently good defenseman we have--we'll find ourselves in the same place we are now. Not saying the results are bad at all, but they are unexpected and they do rely on our offense playing a more defensive game than anyone wants to see. I'm sure Fletcher (and Yeo) want to free up our offense.

i love how you say what Yeo's system needs is players with high hockey IQ and can make a good first pass then offer up Brodin, who was better in camp as a 17 (?) year old than Scandella. I said then it was weighted in favor of Brodin because the play wasn't physical, but he outplayed Scandella by a fair margin.

I'd give him up for Weber of course, but not along with Bouchard, Phillips (underrated here) and a 1st or second. That's nuts.
I disagree completely; I believe Scandella will be a solid #2 blueliner within 2 years from today's date and he has the talent/toughness combo to be a #1 within 3-5 years.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote