View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Roy would pull a great return. He's been a 70-point center with a $4m cap hit. I think more than 2/3 of the teams in the league would have some level of interest. I think plenty of teams would make significant offers for Roy.

Stafford has value. He has size, skill, and he's rounded out his game in the last year, adding two-way play and penalty-killing to his repertoire. I don't think he's been bad at all this season, he just hasn't been scoring. But I don't think he'd be viewed poorly for his nightly performances by GMs who are watching him closely. Stafford is like Lupul in that some team will always value him for his tools, so he's not that big of a risk for a team to acquire, even with 3+ years left on his deal. And for all the people who argued that his shooting% last year was not sustainable--and I agreed--he's not going to continue shooting at 6% this year. He'll likely start working his way back to his career average of 12%.
I just hold a different opinion about these two players as you do.

I think we can agree that Stafford is being paid 4 million a year to score goals......yet, since he came into the league, he only has 10 more goals than Jochen Hecht during that time.

I believe Stafford's value is terribly overrated by a lot of people.

And, I won't even mention their paltry ability to score goals in the most important part of an NHL season....that being the playoffs.

Heck, yes I will.

Stafford: 3 goals in 20 playoff games.

Roy: 7 goals in 41 playoff games. (2 in his last 23)

YUCK.

Bobby Ryan: 8 goals in 19 playoff games.

Last edited by 5 Minute Major: 11-29-2011 at 11:14 PM.