View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 11:42 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think we've come to the point where you're arguing just to argue. Several of us have told you why they'd be valuable. In short, Derek Roy is a highly productive center playing on a cap-friendly contract. Center is the most difficult position to find, and this year's UFA center crop may be even worse than last year's. There are teams who can't even sniff players of Roy's ilk in UFA either because they don't have the long-term resources to pay the guy, or because they're not an attractive market. Acquiring a guy like Roy through a trade would be very attractive for many teams.

Stafford is a young player with big scoring potential and has a pretty well-rounded game. Even when he's not scoring he can help you in other ways and he's in no way a liability. He will always be marketable because of the tools he possesses. His contract is not out of whack with what's being given out these days to wingers in UFA. He's a medium-risk, high-reward player, and plenty of teams would love to have him skating on the RW of their top-6.

If we're still in disagreement, I'm not sure that anything I can say or anyone else can say is going to persuade you to the contrary, and we'll have to agree to disagree. With that, I'm out for the night.
Yes, we can end it at that. Agree to disagree.

I'll leave with this. Sure, Stafford and Roy have value. But, how much is the question. Pretty much every NHL players ends up being dealt at some point in their career.

I think the Sabres have had two players that were career guys in the franchises history. (Perreault and Ramsay)