View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 12:06 AM
mja
Negative Creep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I hated Lindros, don't know why. Something about his sense of entitlement on draft day. Even wore the Nordique jersey when the chose him IIRC.

And besides his legacy as a Flyer was forever tarnished in his last stint IMO. The Flyers were well on their way to the cup up 3-1 against the Devils, Lindros missed about the last 40 something games in the regular season up until game 5 of the ECF. He was cleared to play in the game 6 and the media was all over Lindros and how the Flyers were gonna win the cup that year. The Devils prevailed in game 6 and I'm sure everyone knows what happened to Lindros in game 7...... Devils went on to win beat the Stars in a Jason Arnott OT goal I believe. But man, Lindros was a huge scapegoat that series, the Flyers played better without him.
Not that this has anything to really do with the thread, but this last paragraph is just not very accurate.

Lindros came back and was the best player on the ice for game 6 and game 7 until Stevens permanently changed that. If the rest of the team couldn't handle that, that's on them, not on 88. He played well, they all played like ****. No Flyer fan blamed him for that.

What we did blame him for was the melodrama immediately afterward.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote