Old
11-30-2011, 01:11 AM
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @

vCash: 500
(Sorry for such a long post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Hey guys, can you tell me the best (quickest/cost effective) way to get to the Garden from Logan Airport? Can I take the T? Thanks. Is there any cool things to look at by the Garden?
Quote:
The MBTA Blue Line and Silver Line go to Logan. The Silver Line is a low-floor articulated bus that stops at each terminal every 10 to 15 minutes, from 6AM to 12:45AM every day (5:35AM start M-Sa). From the airport, the bus travels along the South Boston waterfront and terminates at South Station. Convenient transfers are available to the Red Line, south-side commuter rail trains, and southwesterly Amtrak trains. Tickets are $2, and can be purchased in each airport terminal.
To get to/from the Blue Line Airport station from the airport itself, you need to take a free Massport shuttle (check the signs outside the terminals to see which ones to take). As with the Silver Line, tickets are $2: tickets can be purchased using the machines at the station. The last Blue Line train leaves Airport station shortly after about 12:30AM. Unless your final destination is a Red Line subway stop, this is the easiest way to get into the city. To connect to the Red Line, use the Silver Line instead.
Here is the google map - will take 28-30 minutes ( http://g.co/maps/rtwgd ) Alternate is a taxi which looks to be about $30.00 (takes 8 min, no traffic)

I'm flying in 8pm Friday, hoping to hope over to house of blues and see City & Colour play. Staying at Le Meridian Cambridge and leaving Monday night - any "cant miss" things to do? Already planning to go to this place (I accidentally watched the phantom gourmet with the gf, and now we "have" to go here hahahaha)

I'll be doing a blog post that I'll link back in as well on the things we do, videos, etc. Too bad the fenway tours don't run in Winter (or the duck tours! lol)

Really looking for the ultimate "boston (read: irish) pub" (We'll ditch the leafs & jays gear prior, haha - best I've found is Mr. Dooleys? - http://www.mrdooleys.com/ or Emmets Pub? www.emmetspub.com)

The "MUST GO TO" Italian place that I've found so far is: Rino's Place http://www.rinosplace.com/ Prices look great, was on Diners Drive-ins & Dives, and the positive yelps are huge. That does it for me - Looks like I'll be hitting it for dinner before the airport. Looks unreal (and will try Mike's Pastry on your recommendation as well!)

On Monday morning we're probably going to go walk around MIT & Harvard - just to get the feel of it - if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them (Uni's in Canada are a MUCH different feel then anything I've been to in the states, really want to see this)

The lady wants shopping, it really is too bad that Boston has NO shopping at all that I could find, no good stores, no good malls, no deals or coupons or anything. Right guys?

Also, to note, I double checked with the Gardens and they serve alcohol to people under 25 IF you have a passport (useful for any Canadians).

Now the big thing, Has anyone seen Phil Kessel in Boston? I've looked over the past few years and each game he doesn't show up - Hoping I can catch a glimpse this time

Other things on the agenda:

- Prudential Center Skywalk Observatory (Apparently a PRUferred card @ prudential mall gets discount)
- Sam Adams Brewery Tour (which I hope is worth the early morning hike out there!)
- Freedom Trail (maybe some touristy crap here, lol)
- Regina Pizzeria
- The Black Rose ($2.75 Guinness on Friday... ummm.. yes please! $5 happy hour for a lbs of wings and a personal pitcher? I'll live in the kitchen to be closer to those prices!)
- Faneuil Hall
- Quincy Market
- Mike & Patty's for breaky (Bacon and Egg, Fancy apparently is the thing to get)
- Crema (Harvad yard, reviewed well for coffee)

Maybe I'll add more later

Here is a PDF of discounts that the Charlie Card gets you http://www.mbta.com/uploadedfiles/do...%20Booklet.pdf

Some look OK!

Last edited by 30Rinks: 11-30-2011 at 01:23 AM.
30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote