Old
11-30-2011, 09:34 AM
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post
A few bits of advice:

-Drinking at the garden is very expensive - $10 beers get old fast! Hitup one of the bars across the street beforehand. The Fours is a very popular spot, but there are others.

-Mr. Dooleys is a decent bar for the experience you are looking for. I know they do traditional music on some nights, not sure which ones, though.

-Mike's Pastry is OK. Go with Modern across the street if you do not want to wait in a massive line for pastry. Bova's is my personal favorite as they are open 24 hours.

-Rinos is very good food, but the wait can be very very long on a Thurs/Fri/Sat night. Get there early if you can.

-Other Universities to check out - BU, which is one the Green line (B line), and Northeastern which is on the green line (E line).

-Sam Adams Brewery - If you are looking for an informative tour, this may NOT be your best bet. I would recommend the Harpoon Brewery tour instead. As a homebrewer I can tell you it is much more informative/interactive and more fun than the Sam tour, and there is more to do in/around the Harpoon Brewery on the waterfront than near Sam Adams. Tommy Doyle's is a decent pub near Sam Adams if you go there. If you have the time, why not do both?

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks! Don't plan on drinking a ton that night for obvious reasons, but a couple at the game wouldn't be bad. Believe me, Toronto (ACC & Skydome) have the highest beer prices in the universe - just gets ridiculous.

Figured I'll try Rino's either @ lunch or an early dinner

Interesting on the brewery tours - there is Steam Whistle in Toronto which I've enjoyed, if anyone has done Steam Whistle & one of these let me know if they compare!

Still compelling other places to go - Thanks for the tips! I'll post my weekend itinerary afterwards w/ pics

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote