View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Guerzy
Good Canadian Lad

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
The Rangers I could see, but the Canes? They are in a similar position to us, why would they want to gut their roster? Is there Ownership pressure that they HAVE to make the playoffs this year and are willing to sacrifice the future to do it?
The Canes could use a legitimate talent like Bobby Ryan in the worst of ways, especially to finally give Staal a top end elite talent to play with.

They went through a little bit of a transition a couple years ago, have some quality younger players that should make their mark soon, coupled with some pretty quality roster pieces right now, so they're in a position that they need to be competing but they certainly have holes on their roster.

Bobby Ryan would be a huge, huge addition to the Canes and one that would leave Eric Staal smiling ear-to-ear. It would be about time they got him an elite linemate.

If the Canes are going to make an offer, and they likely would, they do have some quality pieces.

My guess right now is Anaheim would possibly ask for Sutter + McBain + 1st Rd Pick. That would give Anaheim the young forward and young defenseman they're reportedly seeking plus a quality draft pick.

That may not be *the* deal, but I think it would be in the ballpark, give or take. From Carolina it would likely include a package made up of Sutter, McBain, Boychuk (top prospect - 2008 1st Rd Pick), Dalpe (top prospect), 1st Rd Pick, 2nd Rd Pick, etc. A collection of some form there would likely need to be put together. If Anaheim wanted an NHL roster piece, Jussi Jokinen is an option too.

Last edited by Guerzy: 11-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote