Thread: Rumor: Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
The Canes could use a legitimate talent like Bobby Ryan in the worst of ways, especially to finally give Staal a top end elite talent to play with.

They went through a little bit of a transition a couple years ago, have some quality younger players that should make their mark soon, coupled with some pretty quality roster pieces right now, so they're in a position that they need to be competing but they certainly have holes on their roster.

Bobby Ryan would be a huge, huge addition to the Canes and one that would leave Eric Staal smiling ear-to-ear. It would be about time they got him an elite linemate.
I agree with you regarding putting Staal and Ryan together. Ryan would be a lucky guy if he went from Getzlaf to Staal.

I'm just wondering if Carolina sends the assets it would require to get Ryan, does it make them better, or does it deplete them too much? And what does it do to the future?

I'm just thinking that it looks like they are in the same position as us. We're both at the bottom of the standings. Does sending all those assets and getting Ryan get you in the playoffs? If not, what is the result of losing all those assets?

I liken the idea of sending a bunch of assets one way to get one player as kicking in the afterburners. You had better be sure that doing so takes you to the promise land. Because if it doesn't, you now don't have anything to show for it, AND your tank is empty.

You know the Canes best though, so I would defer to you in this regard.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote