View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The fact that he lasted for about a nano second on the waiver wire casts doubt on his supposed lack of value. Carolina had a very early claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Nodl was losing his roster spot to younger players... it is what it is. He was, however, a nice cheap extra man to have around, and certainly a lot more useful than Shelley.

The reason Nodl could not be shopped for a pick at least, was more than anything else due to the fact that the team is up against the wall due to the rash of injuries on D, and Holmgren has so poorly managed both the cap and contract structure of this team that he couldn't wait.
You make it seem like you disagree with me, yet in a previous post say the same exact thing that I was saying.

I never said he had no value. I said it's completely possible he had no trade value with us being in our current position.

Quote:
The bigger problem is that the Flyers never should have been in a position where they were forced to waive Nodl. Going into the season at 50 contracts isn't smart. And that's on top of the addiction to running at the salary cap.
I know.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote