View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i think what is the most clear is that the caps were successful last season because they had that odd sitution where rookie carlson and not a rookie by technicality alzner were an outstanding shutdown pair. this season alzner seems pretty steady, but carlson is having the sophmore slump and there's not doubt about that. as long as green was playing wideman was outstanding in a secondary role and created stats that looked like a primary role.

without green and with carlson trying to find his foundation, the caps are really stuck. it goes right back to the whole puck moving defenseman thing. in this league you dont get far without them.
Not sure I entirely agree with this. Seems to me we have plenty of guys who can move the puck well even when Green isn't playing. Carlson is slumping.

I think the D need to do a better job at shutting down the opposition cycle in our own zone by being more physical along the boards and not sucking in one on one battles. Do we have the D that can do this? Not sure.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote