Old
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
My favourites are Rick Ball, Ray Ferraro and Shorthouse.

For Shorthouse's part, I find his voice...comforting. Comforting in the same way that Peter Mansbridge's voice comforting. When the economy is crumbling and things look bleak, I feel better getting the news from Mansbridge. Similarly, Shorthouse makes the issues with the Canucks seem less daunting.
Shorthouse--for me--is a bit of a dichotomy. He really has a way of nailing the big moments (Burrows and Bieksa's OT series-clinchers during the Cup run last year are great examples). But he also has a way of being somewhat monotonous during games that can put me right to sleep.

That said, he's extremely knowledgeable and definitely a great hockey mind. Glad we have him in Vancouver.

Dan Russell never really irked me; my clearest memory of him was somewhere around 2003 where someone called in to start ripping on Trevor Linden and saying how he should retire (I believe he had 19 goals and 41 points in 72 games that year...best season in several years) and Russell tore him to pieces.

Granted, Russell is an exceptionally bitter guy whose career could literally be heard crashing in flames when CKNW lost the radio rights for the Canucks to TEAM 1040. But I can also say I haven't listened to CKNW once since the Canucks jumped ship.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote