View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Problem with that theory is that I keep reading it for everybody. From Getzlaf, to Carter, to Giroux to everyone. What's wrong with a team who would have never be able to make those players succeed?

Besides, Giroux is actually playing like a top 10 player in this league and I'm generous. So even if he would not be that way with a coach like Martin, he'd still be playing in the league. And at worst, like a 2nd liner. Nothing wrong with that.

Yet again, the only thing we can look is the end-result. We chose Grabovski. People thought he sucked. Now he's playing great. It goes back to how great Timmins was. SKost etc.....Goes always back to how Timmins was able to find those gems later on. But I can't even say that those are just 2 example of players that didn't work here. They didn't have their chance to get their confidence. Add a little cockyness and stupidity, add some bad evaluations, and it didn't worked out. But goes back to my premise......if those guys never work out here....who will? And why wouldn't they work out?
Hold up.

I did not say that these guys would not succeed in Montreal. I merely said that it wasn't guaranteed. These guys are all immensely talented. I actually think Getzlaf is one of those guys who would've done well regardless of where he was drafted.

Dwight is online now   Reply With Quote