Old
11-30-2011, 01:16 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp18617

Quote:
Buffalo Sabres

An interesting option. Bob Murray was in the house for the Sabres and Islanders last night. The Sabres obviously have an owner who has pushed for a bold move or two.

From Queen City Sports, claiming they have a source:

Buffalo, CBJ, and Toronto are the top three teams INTERESTED in Ryan. Right now Leafs have best offer of a combination of Schenn, GRabovski,Bozak, and/or Kadri. It's a very real possibility that Anaheim is using Buffalo to up the deal from Toronto. Also remember the Burke/Anaheim connection; Burke wants the player he drafted. Right now I'd view Toronto as the front runner. Sabres have an offer of Stafford, A young NHL ready player (my guess is Ennis), and a D prospect on the table.

Meanwhile, Bucky Gleason dropped this nugget in a column about the late Jim Kelley (seriously):

It could be, as a source contended before the game, related to a telephone call I hear they had regarding Ryan Miller on Monday about a possible swap for winger and three-time 30-goal scorer Bobby Ryan. It certainly makes sense, huh Jimbo?

As a foundation for a trade? Sure. As a one-for-one swap? No. The Ducks have more problems than what's between the pipes.

So there you go. Will Bobby Ryan be traded? The signs point to yes. But before you go making your pitch, make sure to read Anaheim Calling's myth vs. fact piece on Bobby Ryan. Especially if you want him as your center.
Interesting on the offer that the Sabres have on the table. Although, it doesn't work if the Ducks do have 50 pro contracts on the books.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote