View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
hkyplayer03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
There is a place called National Training Rink in Richmond Hill (Also in Barrie and Newmarket) that provides training for all levels of skaters and hockey players. The location in Richmond Hill is headed up by Rick Cornacchia who used to coach in the OHL for 11 years and has over 30 years of skating and hockey training under his belt.
http://www.ntrcanada.com/richmond-hill/ is the website if you want to check it out.
Like other posters have said, there are a lot of Canlan Ice Sports around, there is one on Victoria Park just north of McNicoll, one at York University (across from the Rexall Tennis Centre) and another one in Scarborough at Markham and Passmore (just south of Steeles.) I know there are more Canlan locations but those are the ones I go to for Stick and Puck occasionally so those are the ones I am most familiar with. Hope that helps
Thanks for the post, from what I see after a quick glance at work they offer mainly 18 and under programs but will def inquire regarding adult classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink Bum View Post
Contact Brian@bladeblaze.com

via his site bladeblaze.com

Talk to him and see what he can offer and what you're looking for. The site gives a list of what he teaches - novice to intermediate as well as advanced players.

He has two entry points September and then in January for adult hockey school on Sunday nights at Vaughan Iceplex at 10pm.

Started ice hockey four years ago like you...thought I could improve by playing more games, but that's not the case since you have limited ice time in league games. So instead I joined in the school and found direction on what I should be doing. Been doing it for four sessions and for me, it's made huge improvements.

The school and just watching advanced players on what they do, I've picked up alot.....but still so much to learn......challenging and always looking to improve.

Sorry, I haven't tried ASHL or Tru North hockey schools/training.....so I can't comment other than Tru North is said to be good for beginners with their split training half the season and then league for the second half.

But like I said, best to chat with Brian and see if his program is what you're looking for.
Yep, I have heard and seen the bladeblaze youtube video's online, skills they highlighted such as puck protection are definitely up my ally. Thanks will def give them a shout.

hkyplayer03 is offline   Reply With Quote