View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I agree that all games are important, but they need some points right now to start separating themselves. If the Kings simply have aspirations of making the playoffs, it's no bigger than any other set of games. If they aspire to win the division and be a top team, then they have to start showing it now.

Too many things can happen over the course of a season. Right now they are a pretty healthy team with a soft section of their schedule coming up and they need to take advantage of it. That's what top teams do. It's even closer in the west so far this year, and I'm foreseeing a further increase in 3 point games. A mediocre homestand before a tough road trip could really put them in a hole. Sure, they might tear it up on the road, but I would rather not rely on that given the teams they will be playing.
In Today's NHL you are not going to separate from the pack. Have you looked at the Standings ?

The difference from Number one in the Conference to Number Eleven is Five points. That's with Some teams being hot for almost the entire season so far (Minn, Det, San Jose, Edmon).

Short of the Kings having a 20 and 1 stretch the next two months, It's going to be this way all season long. Scoreboard Watching anytime this season (save maybe Feb, March) is pointless to me.

Last edited by damacles1156: 11-30-2011 at 02:50 PM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote