Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 03:35 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Brunner played in November in Germany and it is an agreement that the top-players only have to play one tournament for the swiss team.
Meaning that the best (ex Brunner) will be playing 1 tournament + WC + Olympics in a year ?
i didn't know that.
Smart to use the national team not as a absolute end objective but as a mean to improve the national level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
The Swiss team could be great at the WC this year, Anaheim, Montreal and NYI are not making the playoffs.
I am sure that MTL will make the playoffs, ANA may still make them if they finally find the click ...
I agree about the Islanders ... , The Predators should make the playoffs.

On the other hand, I found it not bad when we only had our NLA guys. That gives them the opportunity to show up and to play higher level opponents.

And it puts fire on the NHL - NLA debate which is always funny to think that our LNA guys may beat full rosters of NHL players. Absolutely contradicting all theories and bla blas ... of big speciallists pretending that the NLA guys have an AHL level !
(i am saying NHL - NLA ... but it is not exclusively NLA ... it is more general NLA vs all other "minor"(or lower salary) leagues)
It is funny because the number of wins of NLA guys vs NHL guys has become so much in favour of NLA guys (in regard of what it should be considering the difference in level) that statistics make no sense anymore. The whole model would be back end loaded to the point that, in order to have a decent return to the mean, we should lose all games for the 10 years ahead.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote