View Single Post
Old
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
Am I alone is seeing how valuable Sauer is? A physical, crease-clearing, few-mistake-making, young defenseman? Why on earth would anyone want to trade him?

Am I alone is seeing how valuable Dubi is? Skills-wise he isn't Ryan (or Stephen Weiss, another player these boards have traded him for a zillion times) but a trade that nets Ryan but costs us Dubi would make us a SOFTER team. Do we have any other players (aside from maybe Avery) who would carry on an ongoing feud with Crosby, Ovechkin, Mike Richards, and Chris Pronger? Didn't Pronger just call him a weasel? We need players like that to survive and thrive in the tough Atlantic Division.

Am I alone in seeing how much of an upside AA has? He has levels of potential he is just starting to reach. Plus is a sound defense player with a unique hybrid Russian/North American game. He might never net as many goals as Ryan but he could end up outscoring him as a center or winger perfectly playing with top end talent.

Yesterday I felt much stronger about trading for Ryan. Today I am having major second thoughts because any trade that costs us multiple players will not make us stronger.

Kreider? Give me a break....is there anyone more important for the future of this team than him? Aren't we all salivating to see how his skills and talent transitions to the Rangers and the NHL?

I think Ryan is a really top end player and if we could get him cheap I'd leap at it...but not at the cost of any multiple players in our present or future core. Stay the course, lets see how this all plays out.