Old
11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Still don't agree with this crap. Why not trade for a 24 year old with 3 straight 30 goal seasons? What's our 1st line look like after Jagr leaves? ?????-Giroux-?????...maybe JvR, maybe Briere, maybe Schenn. Why not get another young bonafide star? Let Giroux and Ryan rampage together for years. Stick JvR, Couturier, or Schenn on that line in a year or two...and it's the best line in hockey.

People around here were furious that we were giving up on our "win now" attitude during the offseason, and now just because we lead the league in scoring...lets not look to acquire any available stars, LOCAL stars nonetheless.

I just can't fathom why anyone would pass up this opportunity. Defense? We could pick up McCabe for nothing, Hannan for a couple mid-round picks, Gleason for some picks/prospects.
I think it really comes down to what they are asking for him. Whoever wants him is going to have to pay for it. The Ducks don't need to trade him. They may want to, but they certainly don't need to. They aren't going to trade him unless they get more than he is worth. Schenn, 1st, and more is an overpayment. Yes he is good and would be awesome on a line with G, but I think we would give up too much to get him to the point where it may be a step forward on the top line, it would likely be a step back in depth and defense (which has been shaky all year).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote