View Single Post
Old
11-02-2003, 06:33 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
"If you actually believe that 6 out of 9 on the road is no more difficult than 6 out of 9 at home"

Of course they are more difficult but you're missing the point that every team will play 41 away games and every team will have to play in tough buildings. Every team will play back-to-back games also. So pointing that out as a reason seems pretty dumb.
.................................................. ...............................................

Let me rephrase my point. a bit. if the schedule was front loaded in a way that a team played he majority of its road games in the first 3rd of the season and the majority of its home games in the last 3rd of the season, it would be logical that the team would start slow and finish strong.

IF the schedule was front loaded with the good team first and the bad team last, you would expect a better record to come later.

Thats all I am saying. The Capitals are playing most of their games on the road. And all but 2 against the top half of the league. @Philly and @ TB next. Has TB lost yet? So....the schedule is front loaded with road games and almost exclusively road games against the best teams in the league. you would expect that their record would be worse than it will be when they hit that stretch of home games against all the crappy teams. As you say...it all evens out. some teams start out with a strong list of opponents. some get it easy. some start out on the road a lot and some, TB for instance, plays at home all the time. It evens out and after it evens out then you can evaluate better.