Thread: News Article: Draft: Danger - Bertrand Raymond
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 05:00 AM
HabsByTheBay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Not in this case. They had a talented french kid ripe for the taking. Serge Savard would have NEVER let Giroux go. When the Habs failed to notice and draft Luc Robitaille, Ronald Corey called a meeting with the whole management and all the scouts and proceeded to give them Hell like you wouldn't believe. He said "I never want to see something like that ever happen!". The management of the time made sure that drafting french kids with talent was a priority. It was a mindset that got lost over time with different people. Goat just see himself as just another GM and doesn't have to do things differently.

Also back then they had a desire to win that it's not there as much from Goat.
I'm pretty sure Gauthier wants to win, you do an above-average job in the town like Savard did - nothing on Selke or Pollock, just good - and you get peons written to you.

I think their process is average and the org has more cobwebs than grandma's attic, but they do want to win. Also, seriously, Ron Corey? The guy who helped run off Chelios, Roy, Damphousse, Keane and Turgeon and Savard himself? He had a desire to win?

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote