Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 05:49 AM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Sure it's nice to have NLA guys showing what they can do and getting a chance to play in the NHL, but what's the point of them getting used to a better level if they can't show it in the national team?
I still believe that Switzerland is in a launching phase. It needs to export players access to a good level and to maintain it.

EXEMPLE : i was champion in Kung fu thai boxing here in Switzerland. After that i spent almost a year in Thailand training Muay Thai. Coming back i simply didn't have the same dimension. After some years of training her in Switzerland in different places (which i absolutely dominated in fighting ... i wouldn't say it of course ) i took over a club and ... unsurprisingly my guys started after 1.5 to 2 years to make very good results in the competitions they would go to. My broader dimension would start paying fruits ... more than only for me.

Swiss hockey needs to have more exports, to come back and be coach in Switzerland. That is a 20 year process. We are at the beginning of it with the armada of young guys going to NA. What Pokechecker (Roost) suggests, which is to import foreign trainers at a junior level is ok ... but it is a temporary ersatz. Long term level, which means culture of good hockey will come when the 35-40 year old trainers will have international experience.

It is like a company, that has to diminish its earnings to invest, in order to guarantee future good earnings.

On the other side i would also like to see our Swiss team finally finish with a bronze medal or something like that.
But even their, in the last years, a medal seems doable with our NLA guys.

I am convinced that on a per dollar invested basis, we are amongst the most efficient countries in hockey. Our heads are doing a very good job.

I stop their because I could write down .... for hours and hours.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote