View Single Post
Old
11-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Nielson81

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Not Bad, Not Good, My Thoughts On The Season So Far..

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post my thoughts on what is going on so far this season on the Habs.

First off I must say I don't mind Claude Julien as a coach but one thing that is really getting on my nerves is Jason Ward constantly on the 4th line.

Unfortunetly for Jason he broke his ankle last night but if were still available I think it's about time you give him some offensive linemmates...if we have any lol.

Jason Ward led Hamilton in scoring last year, was MVP of the AHL yet for some reason he is stuck on the Habs 4th line. He obviously didn't win the MVP award playing on the 4th or 3rd line in Hamilton. When this kid returns he has to be on the top 2 lines, preferably with Koivu and Bulis, man I would love that line.

Now onto Koivu, all I can say it that this team really really needs to have him back in the lineup.

One question I put out to all of you guys, what is up with the Habs it seems we either win the real close games. Three shutouts for Theo so far is a big time plus, but when we lose it's been by 3 or 4 goals on multiple occasions, how does this change??

Stephane Quintal, as much as I like him for his strength on the blueline should never ever ever ever play the puck in his own zone.

Mike RIbiero has proven that he is not a number 1 center in the NHL. He may be a good number 2 center on a team that has some size down the middle but with the Habs I am a little unsure. He does have a killer set of hands though, something that no one can take away from him.

Richard Zednik needs to start scoring, sure he looks great flying down the right side and cutting in behind the net. He needs to realize that he's not gonna score from the behind the goal, cut down the right side and then through the puck to the crease or cut hard to the goal with it.

I like Hossa so far, he seems to be working a little harder lately and learning to use his size to his advantage.

Ron Hainsey has played well and deserves to be in the lineup but I would really like to see Komisarek up to the big team some how, not to sure who he would replace.

And lastly, I would give Balej a couple of games up on the top 2 lines as soon as Audette get's injured which he probably will. I would prefer traded but injured would do just fine.

And I don't think we will see our first trade until at least December.

Here are my lines when everyone is back from injury and Audette is gone!! I don't care where just leave please.

Bulis - Koivu - Ward
Hossa - Ribiero - Zednik
Kilger - Perrault - Ryder
Begin/Sundstrom - Juneau - Dackell

Spares insert Langdon when needed.

What do you guys think.
Unbiased Canadian