View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 10:27 AM
littletonhockeycoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I quietly am hoping for less Sabre-oriented moves in the front office and behind the bench. I loved Mike as a player, liked some of what he's done off the ice as a head coach in Hershey and some of what he's done in Sudbury. It's not about him being a poor assistant or not liking the guy but that in the current struture of the team, he would be yet another former Sabre and friend of Lindy's behind the bench. If Lindy was gone, hey, I'd be open to just about anyone the new head coach looks for as an assistant. But with Ruff as the coach, I'd rather they look for some fresher blood.

Then there is the whole thing with Marcus which as you mentioned can get sticky.

Carlyle on the other hand, has HC experience and the covetted Cup ring. He's 7-4 in playoff series over his career, getting into the second round three times in five visits. He'd be a new voice in the 'room and his Duck teams have tended to play a heavy style that I happen to enjoy.
Good logic. FoR (Friend of Ruff) would be a problem.

Agree about Carlyle's style and think that could fit pretty well with the kids we're seeing up here from Rochester. What a turn around Sabres squad that would be! Thanks.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote