View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Lindy, like it or not, is going to go down as one of the best coaches in NHL history. He worked wonders for years with incredibly limited resources.

Now, he might not be the guy to coach a team full of highly-paid mercenaries (Laviolette does a pretty solid job of that), but Lindy has shown time and again that he is a phenomenal coach. Literally EVERY game a fan of another team comes in and is like "god, I wish Lindy were our coach".

As far as I'm concerned, he has a solid 3-4 more seasons to show he can adapt to a new management philosophy. He's earned it.

And given the chameleon-like nature of Lindy's tenure (gritty/all trap/collapse on Hasek -> wide open run-n-gun -> lockdown prevent -> stretch the ice), I don't really have any reason to think he won't be just as good at adapting to the new surroundings.

If he was fired he'd have half the NHL at his doorstep with offers within 3 days. You don't just let guys like that go.
What happens to him after he leaves here is irrelevant. If you don't believe he can get it done here, you let him go. Period.