View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
r3cc0s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Just about all sticks are made in China or Mexico. Doesn't really matter. Saves us money when we buy them.

High end sticks can be half the weight of low end, are better balanced, have better feel, and can kick back a lot quicker and harder. If you're Ryan Smyth and stand in front of the net and knock in rebounds, it probably won't matter. But if you're Steve Stamkos and blast wristers and one timers, it's going to make a big difference.

Technique > Technology, but that doesn't mean Technology doesn't make a difference.
though I agree... I think we're talking at a highly competitive level, and even at that... its not like stamkos would lose his timing or his shot technique with a woodie.

but for most of us non-contact adult league players, or heck anything below JrA or midget AAA, I don't think a Easton RS would be substantially better than a S17 or S19
Same with the APX vs X:60 or XXXX or TotalOne vs One95

yesterday at Shinny, an old guy, who obviously played at some high level, was just tearing everyone apart playing with literially a TPS response 1 stick
He was using way oldschool tackla 1052 pro skates and could skate the pants off of a couple kids playing Jr. A wearing the latest Graf and APX skates and both using U+ pro sticks

its still your brain and your hands, not the stick that does the work

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote