View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Looks like things were worse than anyone realized--here's what Staal had to say:

Quote:
That’s a long ways away,” Staal said. “I just started getting back into light stuff and my strength over that month has basically gone. I haven’t really been in a gym at all. I need to get my strength back and all that stuff along with feeling good as far as my head goes too so I have no idea. I think the rate of improvement the last month or so, I feel I’ll be back and that’s the plan. It’s just make sure I’m healthy and get back and start playing.”
And

Quote:
On how long has he been symptom-free: “It’s been a couple of weeks. I’ve had a lot of good days, I’ll still have a bad day mixed in there once in a while. You just adapt and adjust. I feel when I’ve had a not-so-good day, the improvement the next day has been basically back to normal again and then we just kind of monitor it and go from there.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...p_also_skates/

It's good that the organization was (finally) cautious enough to send him to Dr Cantu, because from what was said here Staal was not symptom free until he stopped all physical activity. If there are no other setbacks, it sounds like a reasonable timeline is after the All-Star break. But, as I said before, I have no expectations until Staal has really started to work his way back into game shape and is actively participating (without contact) in practice without any headaches.

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 12-01-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote