View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
This organizations has a history of making poor decisions in this aspect: Bertuzzi, Chara etc. Under Snow, I haven't seen anyone improve with the exception of MacDonald, Tavares (kinda inevitable), Nielsen, maybe Martin.

Either we're drafting poorly. Or developing poorly.
I'm worried about this.

I feel very strongly that we have enjoyed above-average drafts in each of Snow's drafting years aside from 2010, which nonetheless has given us 3 very valid prospects.

However, we've seen our favorite team do SOOO many unorthodox things with our kids that it's hard to believe things will turn out right.

JT is the biggest given, but really he's the only Snow-drafted player who is having any major impact - and I'm writing that about a kid who hasn't scored in 10 games.

Naturally, Martin and Hamonic have been great finds and look like they're gonna have long, successful careers.

I also like how things had been done with Nielsen, MacDonald and Comeau, who were all given enough time down on the farm - none were Snow-drafted.

On the other hand, Bailey has given much reason for concern. No-one else has been blowing anyone out of the water yet. None of the drafted goalies have taken steps forward this year - heck, one has even been shipped back to Europe. de Haan looks like a real project.

And now we've gotta be wondering what the H E double hockey sticks is going on with Niederreiter.

To date, I'm really worried about the 'development' aspect of this organization. Really worried.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 12-01-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote