Thread: OT: 2011-2012 NBA Thread
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2011, 05:43 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Carmelo Anthony is an incredibly overrated and inefficient player. He's an extreme ball-hog, which would be ok if he were like McHale and had an extremely high shooting percentage, but he's actually the opposite. He finishes around or below the rate of an average NBA player. Now, that's not to say he's average. The average NBA player would still probably not score as much as him if the offense ran through one of them the way it does through Anthony. It does mean, however, that Anthony pales in comparison to what you would expect from a superstar scorer. Guys like LeBron, Kobe, etc finish at a way higher clip than him.
If Melo puts in 100% effort, he has the skills to be a top 5 player in the game. I do not believe his heart was in Denver the past few years. Even though we lost, that Game 2 vs. Boston showed a lot about him to me. Amare out, Billups out, and this guy goes out there basically playing 1 on 5 with scrubs like Jeffries, Mason, etc.

Melo played average D since coming over here. Great? No, but average and I think he'll be even better this year. I think he's going to prove the haters wrong this season.

Last edited by IBleedNYRBlue: 12-01-2011 at 05:51 PM.