View Single Post
Old
11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet
I have never claimed to be "very objective". I am an Avs fan and have been since they moved to my hometown. .
That's good, because you are not.

Quote:
I
I do look at this situation with some objectivity though,.
Do you don't. You're a biased homer, and you've shown that over and over.

Quote:
and what I see is a very good goaltender who has all of the markings as a great, but has not had an opportunity to prove that. Then I see the ridiculous demands of what would take to get him,.
So, why do you keep posting in threads about him? I think you want Luongo desperately, and know how much he would change the Avs chances.

Quote:
and the lack of knowledge some folks posess regarding guys like Liles, Wolski, and Svatos. These are VERY good players, Liles is not Skoula as someone mentioned.
I'd agree that Svatos and Liles are good young players. You don't really have to work hard to convince me of that. Can't say much about Wolski, having never seen him play. But, the point is that you give to get. That is just the reality. Florida is not going to turn over a stud like Luongo for Aebischer and spare parts. That is a childish fantasy. Its going to take a package built around young players with great potential (like Svatos and Liles). It is not going to happen for unproductive vets.

Quote:
I have read you proposals and they change everytime...you have proposed Liles and Tanguay in a package,
I'd already admitted about four different times that you guys were right about that. If the Avs are going to make a move to the cup this year (which is what they would be doing if they tried to acquire Luongo), key vets are probably not going to be on the table. And, I never said that package including Tanguay AND Ossi V and Svatos etc would be necessary. That was an unmitigated lie in one of your posts.

Quote:
Svatos and Liles..well those deals aren't going to happen. Everytime you mention the Avs in a proposal it is a gross over payment. Maybe instead of just throwing caution to the wind you should watch and read up on our players, especially the ones that have been proposed. If you don't like them or what not that is fine, but at least come to the table with more knowledge of the players.,
Or, maybe you are so grossly biased that you are out of touch with reality. Given you argument that the likes of Svatos and Liles are "gross overpayments" for Luongo, I do have to question your insight.

Quote:

Finally, it is common knowledge that Luongo's agent has put heat on the Panthers. Where do you think all of these rumors are comming from? Did you see the article last week that he gets calls from Luongo daily, and more so than any of his clients? The reason I called you out is because you are not representing the facts properly, especially in relation to the Avalanche players and the fact that Luongo desperately wants out of Florida..
Link? What real evidence do you have that Luongo's agent is behind recent Luongo rumors. Let's see some real news sources, and not your own personal opinion.

Quote:
That's fine though, because you have your perspective on things...I just find it akward for someone without a vested interest in this to be so caught up in the middle...on the other hand you are a fan and are entitled to your opinion.
Again, you are the biased Av fans. I am a Islander fan. If the Cats traded Luongo to the Avs it would help my team. You're the one who has a "vested interest" in this deal. Not me.

But, if you don't like my posts, might I respectfully suggest that you simply stop reading them?