View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 04:21 AM
SaekkiPaelli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Lol, crazy fans! What tells you he won't spend a year in the AHL next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Ice is different, playstyle is different.
Why would Granlund be any different than any other euroleague superstar that didn't manage to keep it up in the NHL? Genuinly asking here.
I frogot to mention that I believe it would be best to start him off in the AHl, unless he totally owns during camp. It will relieve pressure and give him time to adjust. But I don't think he'll spend a lot of time in AHL, maybe 10-15 games. That should be enough for a primary adjustment to the big rink, thereafter it's just aobut the small things, which he can develop in the NHL. In addition, I think it'll serve him better to play in the NHL and get some PP time in the NHL, than to continue on the lower AHL level.

We don't know if he'll be different. But it is hard to believe he won't at least produce around 55-60 points during his career consistently with maybe a few peaks. On a different team, say sharks or flyers, he'd probably produce 60-70 points consistently during his "prime" years. I don't know if you call that not keeping it up, but I think those are good numbers on a Wild team.

SaekkiPaelli is offline   Reply With Quote