View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 07:16 AM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Like I have said, it appears that Nodl was gone regardless of what happened with Walker. They were paying him what, $800k hitting against the cap and he wasn't necessary. Somehow that is ok but Matt Walker's $850k of dead space is not. Maybe they could have gotten a sixth rounder for him. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I doubt Homer didn't make a single call to try and trade him, but if he did, he potentially missed out on a mid to late round pick. And this is only potential. It is also possible that he knows the value of his players and what teams want/need. A possible mistake, sure, but again, not the end of the world. If that sixth round pick comes back to haunt us, I would be pretty damned shocked.

As far as the Walker portion of this post, he hasn't been claimed so I unless you are posting from later on today, this is all just conjecture. And $2.5 million in cap space even if he is claimed should be enough to make a move. Also the part about trading Lilja is inaccurate. They can trade him and he comes off the books. It's only waiving him that doesn't take it off the books (and I'm pretty sure that it is only applicable to years after the first year so I think they could even waive him this year and hit would disappear).
No team was going to trade for Walker, as they would have to put him through re-entry waivers.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote