View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He's certainly done what he can with the opportunities he's been presented. His interview is solid, no pauses, no "ummmms", no "errrrrs", just a well-spoken exchange and very humble. Quiet optimism for his debut now.
Yeah, he's seemed like a pretty solid dude in every interview I've seen since he's come here.
Sounds like his injuries and what went on his senior year have put things in perspective for him.

It's really weird how comfortable he is with the media considering the fact that he's spent the majority of his career on the IR in the ECHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
How mad is washington going to be if he turns into a solid 1-4 Dman. Would be great if he could live up to his first round pedigree.
I don't know if you should really expect anything amazing from him just because he was selected in the first round.
Teams and scouts have a stupid obsession with giant players even though in reality they are likely to be either equal to or worse than a player of average size that's available.

If he was 6'3'' or 6'4'', he would have been a tough shutdown defenseman that needed to work on his skating and would have been a solid middle round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Why, did he kill a guy? **** an aardvark? Steal the Ark of the Covenant and use it for world domination? What?
No, while he was a senior he was not a very good influence on Maple Leafs prospect Matt Frattin, which led to him (Frattin) being sent home from school and almost ruining his development and chance to go to school.

Quote:
How did the Sabres acquire this kid? Sounds like we got him for free!
We invited him to training camp after his ELC with Washington expired and he went unqualified, which made him an unrestricted free agent.

Quote:
I'm betting he's very slow, and wont be able to thrive in the Sabres system. If he can climb to 6th or 7th on the full health depth chart I'll be impressed. Weber's play has been poor, in fact he looks worse than last season. So, if Finley can skate as well as Weber (not hard to do) and bestow some punishment upon those who would dare tread upon thy crease. That would be tremendous. There are plenty of speedy puck movers who could help him out, so long as he is quick enough to cover up defensively.
He's not slow.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote