View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
CBJCougar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Coug, I think this is a great point. We expect these guys to produce because of the potential and the high pick that had been spent on them, and MOST do not get the level of development that Brass did (Another year of junior after their draft and an AHL season)

This organization is all too quick to "hand" things to players that just haven't proven they want it or even deserve it.
Exactly. It's inexperience from the top down in how to handle player development. I hate it every time I read some derogatory comment about player performance. The truth is that every year there are thousands of kids competing for this dream. Few make it. Those that do all deserve a chance to develop. They earned that right.

I'll play the F card. We did it with Filatov. Howson allowed the speculation that the kid was a flash in the pan, his value plummeted along with his head. Nik showed up, exploded and then was allowed to fizzle out. Next up, Calvert. Same thing. Mason. Do you honestly think there is a different future for RyJo? Moore? I read the clamoring for Akitson (sp), Mayorov, Kubalik and silently am grateful they are not brought here and tossed to the wolves.

The thing that annoys me the most is the quick shrug by fans who will dismiss this failure and blame the player. It is the players responsibility to learn but not teach themselves. Here's a little fun fact...

We PAY coaches to develop players.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote