SJ 48
STL 48
TB 44
Toronto 49
Vancouver 49
Washington 45
Winnipeg 45

Average = 47.03333333

I took the total number of contracts and just removed all the slide contracts to arrive at these numbers. We of course have Couturier, a slide contract, that is actually on the team, so he counts. There are some others in the league of course, like RNH, and Larsson. I went ahead and double checked every team that was at 49, because I was curious if they had a slide contract that WAS counting that would put them at 50, and there was no such occurrence.

So prior to a couple days ago, we were the only team to be operating at 50 contracts.

Trying to think of some pros here: Of course if you are at 50 contracts, you have 5 more "assets" than a team at 45 contracts does, which you could potentially use in a trade or something. However, as stated before, you HAVE to make a move for every move want to make, and it may not always be as easy as waiving someone to have them claimed. You might have to "pay" someone to take a contract from you (thinking Gauthier here).

So if you're at 50 contracts and you want to make a trade, you may have to trade away someone else first, and you may have to give up something up for that to happen. So it's trading an asset, so that you can be rid of an asset, so that you can add the asset you really want haha.

My conclusion...it just isn't a good idea to be at 50 contracts. Nobody else is afterall; and like in Business, if Homer were an innovator, we'd be seeing copycats immediately, and we are not.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote