View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Dubi is too far in his own mind. It's always been his problem. He's emotionally weak. What he needs to do is get a grip and grow up. Maybe then he will find some sense of stability.

Trade him? I say if the opportunity presents itself than go for it; lest we risk him snowballing down in value if he remains this way throughout the entire season. I know I said that at the start of the season last year and he ended up having a pretty good season; it was still marred at times by inconsistent play and that same emotional weakness that I see in him now. So yeah, trading is an option.

Overall he's playing the other parts of his game fairly well. But we're not paying him millions for that. We could get someone for a quarter of what he's making that could do the same things.

I don't know what's wrong with him right now. He's good on the boards but doesn't drive to the net nearly as hard as he used to. He needs to charge at the net with everything he's got. That's what makes him successful.

So how to light a fire? Well, when you pay someone that much money you shouldn't have to. They should be able to sort it out for themselves. Doesn't seem to be the case right now unfortunately.

I say make him a healthy scratch here and there and if that doesn't work then I think you have to aggressively dangle him as trade bait; while his market is still really strong.
Just curious what makes him emotionally weak? An emotionally weak player to me would be a guy that would go out of his way to stick up for his teammates. Dubi wears his emotions on his sleeve, and i think that is what made him the player he is today.

I 100% agree that he needs to step his game up, that is obvious and I amnot so sure what the propblem is. I don't think that he is a guy that is going to play his way out of the lineup (unless a big trade happens). I wouldn't be surprised if Dubi returns to form and ends up in the top 4 in scoring on this club this year.

Maybe the right answer is putting him back with Cally and Richards?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote