View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 12:43 PM
blackmarketmob

vCash: 500
Did not make it out last night as I had a dinner event I had to go to. I am up north this weekend as well, so I will miss the Saturday game against York. Really frustrating I could not make it out, as I had this one circled, as I had yet to see Guelph this year, York as well. I work in London, have an apartment in Guelph, and went to Laurier and am familiar with the Waterloo arena, so I do have 4 venues where I can and have attended games (I will sometimes attend York games as well, as I am from Toronto, and have made it to Brock before but it is a pain to get out to). Hopefully in the new year I will be able to attend some away games as well, based upon their schedule, I should be able to attend the majority of games in the new year. 8 of their final 9 games are in either Waterloo or Guelph, which is great for me.

As for Laurier, they are getting horribly outshot every game. Against Western or Lakehead that is acceptable, but it is odd that they have a decent record against Western, Lakehead and Waterloo, compared to how they do against the rest of the OUA West. It seems Laurier has just as good a chance of beating the top teams as they do Guelph or York. Going off of the play and shots, Laurier appears to be the worst team in the OUA this year. Even UOIT has had games where they did not get outshot, typically 2 or even 3 to 1.

Guelph has always been an up-tempo team that plays physical and shoots from all areas of the ice. Their biggest offseason moves were losing Thomas Kiriakou and Tim Priamo's graduation, but it sounds like they are still pretty strong. I am not sure who is the 4th strongest team, Windsor, Brock and Guelph will all battle it out. Based upon the lineups, I think Brock is the deepest up front and on the backend, but typically my predictions come out wrong.

Last edited by blackmarketmob: 12-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.
blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote