View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Hey Lightning fans, just had a couple of questions. I have 4 lightning players on my keeper league team (vinny, st louis, downie, and hedman) and was curious about a few things...

What happened to the Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis line? Or more importantly, why did they split up Stamkos and St. Louis? It just seemed like all three players were producing more when that line was together.

Also...what should I expect from Hedman in the future? Does he have the potential to be a PP quarterback down the road and put up maybe 40-50 points...or is he going to be mostly a shutdown guy?

Thanks in advance!
Stamkos and St.Louis weren't producing much at even strength. Spreading out the two of them brings more balance to the top 6 and Stamkos has been lighting it up without Marty. They still play together on the PP and Stamkos-Lecavalier-St.Louis play together when an even strength goal is really needed. The Downie-Stamkos-St.Louis line were not producing anything this year and looked out of sync so Boucher decided to split them up. They could definitely become a line combination again in the future though.

Hedman has offensive ability but has been asked to continue to focus on defensive responsibilities in the meantime. He currently gets almost 0 pp time, so you can't expect him to produce too much offensively. Going forward, I can see Hedman being a consistent 30-40 point guy, with maybe a couple 40+ point seasons. For now, he'll continue to be used as a shutdown guy.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote